Tips for fitness after Menopause : Regular physical activity is essential for women in menopause. Learn about the benefits of physical activity and how you can apply fitness tips in the menopause phase to your daily routine.
- an introduction
- Pay attention to fitness after menopause
- Effect of activity
- Best activities
Menopause is an important shift in women’s lives. Look at it as a reminder to take good care of yourself. Start looking for the following fitness tips for menopause.
Did you pay attention to fitness during menopause?
Whether you have been practicing sports for several years or not, physical activity during and after menopause has many benefits. For example, regular physical activity may benefit from:
- Prevention of overweight : Women tend to lose muscle mass and increase abdominal fat around menopause. Even a slight increase in physical activity can help prevent weight gain.
- Reducing the risk of breast cancer: Physical activity during and after menopause may help to lose excess weight or maintain healthy weight, which in turn may protect against breast cancer.
- Muscle strengthening: Physical activity can slow the pace of bone loss after menopause, which in turn reduces the risk of fractures and osteoporosis.
- Reducing the risk of other diseases: Overweight during menopause can lead to serious complications that threaten women’s health; excess weight may increase the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. In contrast, regular physical activity can prevent these risks.
- Improve your mood :. Physical activity improves mental health at any stage of life.
How does physical activity affect signs and symptoms of menopause?
Physical activity is not a proven method of reducing menopause symptoms, such as hot flashes and sleep disorders. However, regular physical activity during and after menopause appears to reduce stress and improve the quality of life for some women.
What are the reasonable goals of physical activity during menopause?
For most healthy women, the Department of Health and Human Services recommends aerobic sports and strength exercises. Target:
- Moderate aerobic exercise for at least 150 minutes or vigorous aerobic activities at least 75 minutes per week – preferably on weekdays
- Exercise strength exercises at least twice a week
For motivation, realistic goals can be achieved. For example, instead of undertaking more exercise, be sure to walk after lunch for 30 minutes a day. And update your goals from time to time. Being a companion for you, whether you are a colleague, a friend or a neighbor, would make a difference.
What are the best physical activities you can try?
When you are ready to start, you have many choices. Suggestions include:
- Aerobic exercise Aerobic exercise is the cornerstone of most fitness programs. Try walking fast, running, cycling, swimming or water aerobics. When exercising any physical activity, large muscle groups are used and the heart rate increases. If you are a beginner, start exercising for ten minutes a day and then increase the intensity and duration of exercise.
- Power Exercises: Regular strength exercises help reduce body fat, strengthen muscles and burn calories more effectively. Try weight lifting machines or hand-held weights or resistance tube. And choose a level of heavy weight or resistance strong enough to reward your muscles after repeated activity 12 times. Then you can increase the resistance level whenever you become more powerful.
- Stretching exercises: Stretching exercises help improve flexibility. So, take time to practice stretching exercises after every exercise you do; then the muscles are warm and lengthened.
- Walking and balance: Balance exercises improve stability and can help prevent falls. Try simple exercises such as lateral walking. Exercises like Tai Chi can also help you.
Remember, you do not have to go to the gym to do exercises. There are many activities that can improve your health, such as dancing, horticulture and taking care of your garden. You should take time to warm up and cool down safely if you exercise any physical activity of your choice.